We are currently looking to hire a talented Team Lead to join our team and help us build, maintain and expand our ever-expanding legal services platform and the world's first sophisticated legal engine.
You will lead the effort to model the, build and automate complicated business processes in the legal space. You will, together with the team, be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of features and our expanding infrastructure. We expect you will apply your knowledge of building scalable web applications.
The majority of our services are written in Ruby and JS. We continuously deploy on AWS using CircleCI after our PRs are reviewed and passes all the checks.
Examples of daily tasks
- Legal case evaluator (a tool to evaluate if we can win a specific type of legal cases)
- Tools that standardize, monitor, and automate operational tasks (Allow labelling of contract to automate data extraction from contracts)
- Management and Business intellegence tools (Tools to answer these questions. What to automate? What features isn't working?)
- Improving UX and customer satisfaction (Case status transparancy after user signup)
- Design elegant solutions for business problems
- Distribute and estimate tasks with your team
- Find the right balance between perfection and practicality to assure delivery of your team's features
- Pair with more junior people and teach them
- Make our users life easier through building usable features
- Improve the maintainability and scalability of our code
- Optimize buisness processes through automation
- Write tests!
- Learn a lot!
- Previous leadership experience (if you are aspiring you can still apply and set a plan to make this happen!).
- A hardcore believer in DevOps and its concepts.
- Embrace cultural diversity and be able to deal with the difference in ideas and opinions.
- Communicate with peers in a clear and respectful manner.
- Be open to feedback.
- Keep an open mind, listen, and empathize with your peers.
- Own initiatives, make decisions but still asks for help if you need to.
- Flag problems as they arise.
- Have a deep understanding of software engineering principles and standards.
- Know how to break them when needed.
- Be able to teach but still be teachable.
- Know how to build features from MVP till Full-Fledged Product.
- Be experienced in (Rails or React).
- Ship value, not tasks.
- Write tests obsessively.
- Interested in the finer details of the application of German law.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Machine learning.
… then we would love to talk to you!